The Discussions tool is a collaborative area where students can post, read and reply to threads on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with peers on assignments and homework.
Note: Students have the ability to set automatic notifications for this course tool. Read more about the notification tool here: Notifications
Discussions help topics
Creating and Managing Discussions
- Creating discussion forums and topics
- Managing forums, topics, threads, and posts
- Restricting access to discussion forums and topics
Moderating and Assessing Discussions
Discussion Tool Statistics
Access the Discussions tool
Use the Discussions tool to:
- Encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers.
- Set up forums for users to ask questions.
- Pose questions for the class to debate.
- Discuss the answers to an assignment.
- Create forums for groups to work on group assignments.