The Groups tool allows you to separate your classlist into groups and create group work areas in your course sites. You can use groups to organize users’ work on projects and assignments, or you can create special work areas for users with different learning needs.
Users can belong to multiple groups within the same course. For example, each user can simultaneously belong to a group for class projects, a group for special interest discussions, and a group for advanced users. Each group can have its own discussion forums, dropbox folders, and locker area to work in. You can grade members of groups individually or as a team.
Groups help topics
Creating and Managing Groups
- Creating a group category
- Creating a group
- Editing groups and categories
- Deleting groups and categories
Enrolling Users in Groups
Access the Groups tool
Do one of the following:
- Click Groups on the navbar.
- Click Edit Course on the navbar, then click Groups.
- Click Groups in the Course Administration widget.