The Calendar tool arranges and displays your course events. You can see events that professors have created for your course or use iCal to synchronize the Calendar tool to your personal calendars (such as Outlook and Google Calendar, as well as iPhone, Android, and Blackberry).
Calendar help topics
- Viewing your calendar
- Setting up your calendar display
- Exporting events and subscribing to iCal feeds
Access the Calendar tool
Do one of the following:
- Click Calendar on the navbar.
- Click Go to Calendar from the Calendar widget action menu.
- Calendar user interface
- Calendar Views
Use the calendar views area to toggle between different display layouts for events in the calendar content area.
- Use the Agenda view to group your course events by Date, Course, or Category – events display in chronological order, and all-day events display at the top of each grouped listing.
- Use the Day, Week, and Month views to group your events in daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
- Use the List view to filter your events by Dropbox, Checklists, Discussions, Grades, Materials, Modules, Quizzes, and Surveys. You can also make bulk changes to dates and visibilty in the List view.
- Finally, you can Print, adjust your calendar Settings, or Browse through your calendars.
- Calendar Content
Inside the calendar content area, you can browse and view events that your instructor(s) create.
- Calendar Menu
Use the calendar menu to select multiple calendars to display, change the color scheme associated with individual calendars, and add new calendars.
- Mini Calendar
Use the mini calendar to navigate quickly to a specific day, week, or month.
- To view a specific day in detail, click the Day calendar view, then click on the day you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar.Your calendar content will load to the day selected in the mini calendar.
- To view a specific week in detail, click the Week calendar view, then click on any day in the week you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar.
- To view a specific month in detail, click the Month calendar view, then click on any day in that month you wish to view in detail in the mini calendar.
- To browse through the mini calendar’s months, click the Show [Previous Month] and Show [Next Month] icons.