Use the Locker tool to upload and store files in ICON. Locker let you upload files from your PC or create new HTML files.
Files in your personal locker are kept private. Locker files marked as public can be accessed by other ICON users. Group locker areas allow you to collaborate on files with others.
Locker help topics
- Creating files and folders and uploading to your locker
- Managing files and folders and downloading from your locker
Access the Locker tool
- Click Locker on the navbar.
Note You can also access the Locker tool from the Classlist or Groups tool.
Your personal locker area is not course-specific. You can access the locker from anywhere in ICON and store all of your files together.
Group lockers are restricted locker areas where members of a group can share files. Any group member can modify files posted in group locker areas.
Group lockers have the same options as regular lockers with the following exceptions:
- The option to make locker files public is not available.
- There is an option to Email Group Members.
- There is a Modified By column that shows the last person to work on a file.
Access group lockers
- Click Locker on your course navbar, then click Group Lockers.
Note You can only access a group locker from the course offering it applies to.
Access other users’ public locker files
- Click Classlist on the navbar in the appropriate course.
- Click View shared locker files from the context menu of the user whose shared locker files you want to view.
- Click the file name you want to open, or search for specify a file type in the Files of Type drop-down list.